Mom’s Movie Night
Mother’s Day 2012 falls on May 13th! Not sure of what to do for her this year? Here’s a great idea idea: have “Mom’s Movie Night” in her living room!
Go visit mom for the weekend and have a pajama party with her for Mother’s Day! Give her some personalized PJs, make some popcorn, and spend a great evening giggling! It’ll be a night you’ll remember forever!
Five Suggestions for Mom’s Movie Night:
1. Let Mom pick the movie. Mom should get the chance to watch a movie she will really enjoy on her special day. However, moms make decisions all day long, and on Mother’s Day they deserve a break. The best option is to go to your local library or movie store and pick three DVDs for the night. This way she can pick her favorite without searching through the entire selection of films.
2. Pick out matching PJs for you and her. Moms like to share special moments with their kids. When the movie night is over and you’ve had a great night bonding with mom, you’ll always have your matching PJs to keep the friendship strong. Email goofy pictures of you in your PJs and see if she reciprocates!
3. Give Mom breakfast in bed. Plan Mom’s Movie Night on the Saturday night before Mother’s Day (May 12th). Why Saturday? It’s not Mother’s Day yet! If you have a relaxing movie night on Saturday and stay the night, you can wake up early on Sunday morning and make her breakfast in bed! Plus, moms deserve more than just one day of recognition–they own half of the responsibility for your existence! Show mom you appreciate everything she has done for you!
4. Make snacks! What’s a movie night without snacks? Popcorn is a great favorite among movie-goers, so why not try one of Martha Stewart’s amazing popcorn recipes? Whether you prefer caramel, cocoa, spicy, or cheesy, you’re bound to find a winner. Can’t decide? Make a sampler!
5. Take a photo together. Set up a tripod or get a family member to take a photo of you eating popcorn in your matching pajamas. Though it might seem like a silly time to take a photo, you definitely won’t regret it! Be sure to get the photo on your camera instead of hers so you can get the picture printed and framed as a Mother’s Day gift for next year!
Get ready to snuggle up on the couch and get cozy because Mother’s Day is only a couple weeks away! Enjoy your special day, moms!